Sixteen is always looking for new passionate, forward thinking talents to join the team. Our current open positions are listed below.
Sixteen is a self funded artistic platform run by a passionate group of people that thrive through the creation of culture. All our positions are on "non paid" basis.
We are looking for a talented photo editor to join our team. As a photo editor, you will be submitting, commissioning and managing documentary and archives photographic stories for Sixteen Journal.
Every story published in Sixteen Journal reflects a point on view on global culture, past, present and future. To be successful as a photo editor at Sixteen, you should demonstrate your passion for Culture.
- Consulting with the editorial team and brainstorming creative concepts
- Commissioning and managing photography assignments
- Obtaining rights to photographs from photography estates and contemporary archive funds
- Obtaining feedback from editorial teams and making relevant changes, when required
- Keeping track of industry trends
- Build and maintain a data base of relevant photography talents
- Bachelors or associate degree in photography, visual arts, or similar
- 2-3 years of experience in photo editing, or similar
- A complete portfolio of work-related examples
- Extensive knowledge of culture
- Ability to collaborate on projects and integrate editorial feedback.
- Extensive experience in coordinating photography projects and meeting deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of copyright and other relevant permissions
- Proficiency in keeping up with photography trends and related technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Paris or London
Please send your resumé, application letter and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org